What Information is Collected
In order to use the Services, we request users to provide the following Personal and Device Information.
● When you register on the website, we collect the following information: name, email, password, and a username to identify yourself to the website. You can also choose to supply additional information about your company and mailing address but this is not required.
● The information you provide is used to uniquely identify you to the website and give you private access to the service. This information is only used to provide access to the Services, as well as communicate with you for service alerts or marketing and product updates. You can control over whether you choose to receive these types of communications.
● To process a purchase, additional information is requested by our 3rd party payment processing provider, Braintree (a Paypal company), Authorize.net and/or Paypal Direct. Amcrest does not process or store your credit card information.
● If you choose to configure your device for use with the Services, we require some information about that device.
● Examples of device information required for the Services include but is not limited to, model and serial number, network information (including IP address), device username and password, device activity logs, and general device configuration.
● IP cameras are used to capture audio and video data (media), and when these devices are configured for the Services -- and only when they are configured with the Services -- will media be transmitted to our servers where it is stored securely to ensure you can access it and playback video footage or watch live video.
● Information about your web browser and operating system, mobile device type and operating system, and IP addresses used by these clients.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal and Device information solely for the purpose of delivering the Services to you, within the private account you have configured with the Services.
How You Can Control Your Information
● You can delete your account at anytime, and all Personal and Device Information, along with any stored media (video or images) will be permanently deleted. This option is available on the Settings page inside your account.
● You can download your stored media and archive it yourself. You can also delete individual pieces of media that you don’t want saved anymore on our servers.
● You can review the information that is stored in your account by visiting the Settings page inside your account.
Distribution of Information
We will not share your personal information with anyone unless we are required by law or you have provided consent to do so.
Commitment to Data Security
We are committed to protecting your privacy and are using commercially reasonable measures to protect your personal information against loss or theft. It’s important to know that no method of data storage or transmission is guaranteed to be 100% secure, therefore you acknowledge that you use the Services at your own risk.
Privacy Contact Information